Wednesday, May 2, 2012

As Yet Unfinished

In the morning,
I tell him that I love him
and the tall taiwanese girl standing at the sink
giggles

I'm not sure why

I'm serious

even before I've been caffeinated
into full consciousness
the thought is crisp and clear

we're a funny pair

perhaps that's why she's laughing

me, yesterday's make up smudged
him half asleep

we drink black coffee
on the edge of the mountain
on the edge of something
exciting
feeling the vibrations

bright images surround us
unfinished,
much like so many things
that have been started
recently

a little detail will do it
a little specificity
simple lines
and it will be finished

it will be finished
and when it is
we begin again.

The taiwanese girl was right
it is funny
we start, we finish
we begin again
each time, each step, each fine line
more deliberate

cutting through bright colour
can you make out the shape of it?

Perhaps not yet, but when you do,
you'll probably laugh

and I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment