Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mid Summer's Sky

Indigo shadows
and dancing
and 'don't know's

the moon's almost as full
as our festive bellies
fat and heavy
with too much good cheer
it's that time of year

everything ending.

We're in between
we're breaking

we're mending

no one likes to be alone
but sometimes it's too hard to talk
so typing and sniping
and feigned cleverness
seems best.

The sun's taking a day off
and the rain can't decide
whether to leave cloud comfort altitude
or just hide

I've got two bottles of whiskey
to whisk me
away
from the corner that keeps me
like the lover
whose proximity
is their sincerest attempt at
intimacy.


Let me untangle you
from the threads of your sorrows
and I will sew them into silk cranes
and we'll watch them as they fly
effortlessly
across the glowing mid summer's sky.


















To Doris, from Phil- 1915

No comments:

Post a Comment