Thursday, March 22, 2012

No, No, Yes

She needed to say no.

That's what she says.
Or rather, it's what I say.

I needed to say no.

This is getting confusing
this life, this art.

At any rate, no is a word
that sticks
at the top of my soft palate
paralysed tongue
oesophagus blocked
can't breathe
too nasal
exhale

inhale.

No. No. No.

I'm tense.
It's my face.
It's tense.

I'll practise again.

No.

And I needed to say no to you.

I've been wondering if I've used up
all my 'yes's

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Rolls off the tongue
overflows

if you're doing it right
the eyes say it first
before any hint of breath
don't waste it

vibrations.

Yes is easy
raise the tongue, from the middle
an eye brow if you like,
cheeky.

What was the question?

Sorry, did you say something?

I thought you did.
My mistake.
No. No. Yes.

Don't waste it.

Check in with the eyes.

Exhale.
Inhale.

Vibrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment