Sunday, June 3, 2012

What The Planets Have Planned

There are strawberry plants
Growing like weeds
 In the cracks of the pavement
And the rhododendrons at the bottom of the garden
Are in full bloom
 Partly obscuring the shirtless eastern european men
Who are building a wall In red bricks.

 A house full of people
Who all seem to have the same nose
The same eyes
We watch the rain
No one has told London
It's summer.

 They're camped out
 By the Thames,
The enthusiasts
Raincoated
With supplies of bacon
And Bovril
How very Brittish.
 On the tube
Just after Camden Town
 A man tells me that Jesus loves me

 (he then tells the whole carriage So I feel a bit less special)

 And I can't controll my laughter
It's the best medicine
Why would I want to I've never given a fuck about
Disapproving looks
And this is what's keeping me alive
In the face of my lack of faith
So they can all get fucked.
 I've got pins and needles
Been still to long
 Gotta keep moving
 Keep warm
Keep going

Venus is passing
No desire to hide
And I'm following her lead
 This is once in a lifetime
 And no cloud cover
Fog
 Or disapproving looks
 Is gonna get between me

 And what the planets have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment