Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What Are You Doing To Prepare For Impending Doom?

I'm teaching myself to swim.

That's a lie, I already know how to swim, what I'm doing is trying to improve my technique. Be faster, stronger. I figure it will come in handy. You know, with global warming and everything. When those ice caps melt I'm going to be ready.

I'm also teaching myself to wrestle polar bears. And catch large fish with my bare hands. I eat plenty of sashimi, seaweed- that sort of thing, so I'll reckon I'll be well prepared for the lack of earth grown foods. I don't even know if I'll miss them that much.

I also have a whale-stomach-simulator rigged up in my back yard. You know, in case I get swallowed by a whale. Cos that's happened before. The important thing is the breathing. You've got to do it, even though it stinks like rotting fish down there. Which is just common sense, I guess, but there's no harm in getting it just right.

With these key survival skills, and the happy coincidence that I live on the second floor, I think I'll get along just fine. I'll sunbake on the roof, subsist on whatever swims past my window and I'll be able to do breast stroke to get anywhere I need to go (which we'll all have to do; all petrol reliant vehicles will have been outlawed by then).

Yep. I'm ready.

What are you doing to prepare for impending doom?

2 comments:

  1. You're not having my room Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't I mention? You're going to be polar bear bait...mwa ha haaa

    ReplyDelete