Friday, December 17, 2010

My Aussie Christmas

It's that time of year where we seem to be constantly looking for the 'traditional' symbols of Christmas to surround ourselves with- fir trees, tinsel, guiding stars and little naked baby dolls.

If you're the sort who gets Christmas cards you'll no doubt receive some of those eurocentric images of snow covered holly bushes, their little red berries shining out like the nose of that pesky reindeer that supermarket stereo systems insist on reminding me about.

I'm afraid I'm not going to post any sentimental pics of me decorating a (nonexistent) Christmas tree, or kissing under some (sadly absent) mistletoe.

Instead, here's some random picture I took on the terrace today.

Ok, so it's got berries, somewhat resembling holly...and yes, that does look like a big ol' Christmas tree...and that blue sky is pretty quintessentially "Aussie Christmas"...




...so maybe I'm not such a grinch after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment