Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'll Spell It Out For You

I can't write things I haven't felt.

Think I lack imagination?

Think again.

The many things I imagine myself to be
are as colourful as the language I use
to berate myself for letting these images run alongside me
more often than not
leading the way down a path
I shouldn't be on.

The space between us is imagined.
Or rather I imagine what fills this space.
Colours, textures
waves and surges
asteroides.

We negotiate.
Slide and dodge,
bargain.
Colours clash.

I'm imagining a torrent of
bright tartan and sleet
that meets
sandpaper gravel
and gushing pink and purple.

I know it isn't real
perhaps that's why I'm spelling it out for you
so I'll have something to hold on to

and you'll have a picture
painted in
unfinished sentences
that doesn't look quite the way it did
in my mind
but will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment